2/16/2005

No Baby Yet

Dang it!! A little more than 2 weeks til my due date. I am not feeling very patient anymore. But yet, when I start to go into labor, I am pretty sure that I will be scared. I know this because last Friday when I thought that I might have been starting, I was quite terrified.

We hired a doula (a lady that is experienced in childbirth) to assist in the labor. I am hoping that it will help me in my quest to go natural and not get an epidural. She can talk me through the pain and give me relaxation ideas, massages:), etc.

There is also $100 at stake to go natural. Christa offered up $50 and my mother-in-law said that she'd give the same as a reward. I'm pretty competitive by nature and now that money is involved it ups the ante. I hope that I can do it, as it is ultimately better for me and the baby. There are so many things that can be side effects to the meds (like a groggy, drugged up baby and a paralyzed mama). And I am already spending that money in my head for new skinny clothes for me and a more gender appropriate wardrobe for the little one (so far we have mainly yellow and green outfits for it).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2 weeks???!!! YIKES! i'm scared (and excited) for you!


Didn't Gwyenth Paltrow higher a doula? I think she did. So does this mean you don't go to the hospital? I'm confused.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Nah, I still go to the hospital and have a normal doctor. She is just non-medical support that I will have by my side the whole time. I am not sure about Gwyneth. Maybe the doula will encourage us to name our baby Orange.